Dermatoglyphics Multiple Intelligence Test (DMIT) Basic Training Program
What is D.M.I.T ?
- DMI (Dermatoglyphics Multiple Intelligence) Test, is a unique & scientific method developed out of the study of fingerprint patterns analysis.
- The development of fingerprints and the human brain is starts between the 13th and 19th prenatal week. Through clinical trials, the fingerprints and multiple intelligences are absolutely related.
- Dr. Howard Gardner discovered that multiple intelligences are correlated to specific regions in the neocortex.
- This enables dermatoglyphics to identify the presence and magnitudes of these multiple intelligences at the early stages of childhood development.
How Brain is related with fingerprints?
- As early as 13th week in the womb as an embryo
- skin ridges begin to appear
- are completed at 24th week
- These are developed in tandem with brain cells development
- Dermatoglyphics has absolute scientific basis, with 200 years of research.
- It is analyzed and proven with evidence in anthropology, genetics, medicine and statistics.
- In recent years U.S., Japan etc have applied Dermatoglyphics to diagnose Down’s Syndrome, congenital disorders, genetic abnormalities & in educational fields, human resources management, employee recruitment etc.
- Dermatoglyphics is the scientific study of the fingerprints.
- Dermatoglyphics refers to the branch of science which studies the patterns of skins (dermal) ridges present on the fingers, toes and the soles of human being.
- Its reveals the congenital links between our fingers and our intrinsic qualities and talents.
- Incidence of having exactly the same fingerprints is 1 out of 64 000 000 000
What is D.M.I.T?
D.M.I.T. reveals following information about a child or adult:
- Intrinsic Potential
- Multiple Intelligence Distribution
- Dominant & Preferred Learning Style
- Learning Communication Character
- Allocations of various abilities
- Psychological & Planning capability
- Learning Sensitivity
- Innate – Work Management Style
Need of D.M.I.T. in India
- 12,000+ students commit suicides in India every year due to exam related stress
- Parental and peer pressure are prime causes for such high number of suicides
- DMIT can provide crucial inputs for student counseling and guidance
Webster’s defines it as:
- The power of knowing
- The ability to understand and/or deal with new situations
- The skilled use of reason
How Intelligence Develops
Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
- Formula used to calculate IQ
- Mental Age (MA)
- Chronological Age (CA)
- MA/CA X 100 = IQ
- Average is 100
- Tests mostly Verbal and Mathematical skills
- IQ is thus an incomplete tool to measure intelligence
The IQ view
- Introduced against the backdrop of the traditional ‐ and widely held ‐ view of intelligence as a unitary trait that can be adequately measured by an IQ test.
- Psychometric intelligence can be traced to French psychologist Alfred Binet
- Binet and his colleagues Theodore Simon developed a test that effectively identified children at risk for school failure.
- It was used as the basis for a psychometric measurement of general capabilities or intelligence.